At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of listening to our customers to provide solutions that meet and anticipate their needs. Together we make our culture great every day and we are looking to expand our team with smart, creative, and passionate people who want to craft a career that's right for them. It's an exciting time to be at Tegus. Join us and love where you work.
The Accounting Manager will serve as the right hand to our Head of Finance and own all of the core accounting functions at
Tegus. You will be the subject matter expert on our company's bookkeeping, financials, and U.S. GAAP compliance. In
addition, you will coordinate the flow of cash into and out of Tegus through managing our accounts receivable and accounts
We are bringing our accounting function in house. As the first accountant, you will be a critical part of the team and to the
success of both the department and the broader organization. In partnership with the Head of Finance, you will have the
opportunity to scale and optimize this function in line with our business.
- Conduct monthly close and reconciliations to produce accurate and timely financial statements
- Drive evolution of monthly process and financial statements to be GAAP and ASC 606 compliant
- Book journal entries of daily business activities to maintain our general ledger, adhering to proper accounting methods, policies, and principles
- Create and send accurate customer invoices for our calls and subscriptions, ensure delivery of all invoices.
- Compute, prepare and file accurate Federal and State tax returns
- Manage our accounts receivable including client reminders to ensure timely payment
- Own sales tax operations internally, including the registering, collecting, filing, and paying of sales taxes as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, CPA required
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP. ASC 606 expertise a plus
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience with a portion at a subscription based or SaaS firm
- Experience with Quickbooks and other financial systems
- Highly analytical and detailed oriented
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and across multiple departments
- Get-it-done mindset and self-starter attitude who can initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal
Perks and benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental and 401(k) retirement plan
- A fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid parental leave - for both moms and dads
- Free building gym membership
- Ample opportunities for professional learning and development
- Amazing team, fantastic culture, company outings, intramural sports teams, book clubs and more