Tegus is a fast-growing financial technology start-up, connecting institutional investors with experts and decision makers directly from the field. Our platform helps our clients get direct perspective from former executives, customers, competitors, and industry consultants providing actionable insights, shortening the time in making smarter decisions, and generating new ideas.
The Head of Finance at Tegus will working across the company and with senior management on critical functions of financial planning, business analysis, and accounting. Responsibilities will include:
- Managing all day-to-day finance and accounting functions and processes, including monthly and year-end close process, cash flow forecasts, cash management, annual forecasts, monthly actuals-versus-forecast reports; all financial statements, tax filings, and financial reporting packages for board meetings
- Identify, implement and oversee the execution of necessary financial processes, policies, procedures and controls to ensure compliance with US GAAP and all applicable tax laws
- Managing payroll, benefits selection and administration, and major vendor relationships
- Reviewing the company’s financial controls and policies
- Analyzing and improving business operations, processes and communications that make executing the business easier and more seamless
- Working with senior management team on strategic projects, ad hoc reports and analyses
As the Head of Finance at Tegus, you will be taking ownership as the first internal finance hire after three years of working with outsourced partners. This role offers a compelling opportunity for a driven self-starter to build out the finance practices at a high growth software company.
- A track record of success (5+ years of experience) in a Finance Management role within a recurring revenue software organization
- Bachelor's Degree from a top university with strong academic credentials and extracurricular involvement
- CPA strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the confidence to engage with senior management and the Board of Directors
- Analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to learn quickly and to drive change to address business challenges.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude (we have fun here, we want you to also!)
- Persistence, drive, and a goal-focused mindset as you own projects from initiation to completion
- Strong attention to detail and ability to effectively prioritize tasks within a fast-paced environment
Package and perks
- Unlimited vacation
- 401K, comprehensive medical and dental plan
- Commuter benefits
- Free building gym membership
- A fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and drinks