At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of listening to our customers to provide solutions that meet and anticipate their needs. Together we make our culture great every day and we are looking to expand our team with smart, creative, and passionate people who want to craft a career that's right for them. It's an exciting time to be at Tegus. Join us and love where you work.
What you'll do
- Build robust, well-designed and effective software that solves complex problems. While you'll take point on mobile development, you'll work on everything.
- Take point on mobile development. Build beautiful experiences for Tegus's users in a brand new iOS application.
- Test, review and deploy code quickly. Our team is exceptional and we TDD most changes, so we don’t slow ourselves down with excessive processes or meetings.
- Research, learn and share new techniques for solving complex engineering problems. We’re a highly collaborative team and we push each other to find better solutions every day.
- Write tools and develop practices for the engineering team. From GraphQL-to-Typescript compilers to fully automated deployments, we take the time to invest heavily in our own productivity.
- Own projects from end-to-end. On a given day you might be building a system to measure search engine performance, reworking an integration with a telephony provider, or designing a UI component library.
- Analyze and design solutions to business problems. Companies that throw solutions over the wall to engineers are wasting half their abilities. At Tegus, you’ll be fully involved in determining what to do, not just doing it.
- You love iOS development and are excited to bring it to a new company.
- You have a team-first mentality and you work collaboratively with different stakeholders to set the technical direction for our products, developing easy-to-use solutions for our customers.
- You have deep empathy for users and use it to help build products customers love.
- You take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- You’re excited to own projects from beginning to end. We believe in hiring great people and getting out of their way.
Other things we look for
- Extensive experience working on platforms beyond iOS is preferred. This is a general software development role with a focus on mobile, not an exclusively mobile role.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Vue or Typescript is a plus but not at all required
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes and software testing
- Ability and desire to work in an open and team-oriented environment
“I'm building a frontend component framework based on the great work of our designers. The fact that I get to work on something incredibly important to the company and learn a ton about software development in the process makes me incredibly excited to come into the office every morning”
Sam, software engineer
"I'm working on improving the search functionality on our platform. It's great to work on challenging problems with a creative team of engineers. I've learned so much since I joined, and it keeps me excited to come in every day."
Kaitlyn, software engineer
Perks and benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental and 401(k) retirement plan
- A fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid parental leave - for both moms and dads
- Free building gym membership
- Ample opportunities for professional learning and development
- Amazing team, fantastic culture, company outings, intramural sports teams, book clubs and more