Tegus is a fast-growing financial technology start-up, connecting institutional investors with experts and decision makers directly from the field. Our platform helps our clients get direct perspective from former executives, customers, competitors, and industry consultants providing actionable insights, shortening the time in making smarter decisions, and generating new ideas.
Tegus is a fast growing company with more than 100 employees and expects to nearly double over the course of the next year. The Payroll Manager/Staff Accountant will report directly to the Accounting Manager and will work to facilitate day-to-day accounting needs to support continued growth at Tegus, including payroll processing, benefits management, month-end close, and general accounting needs.
As a Payroll Manager / Staff Accountant at Tegus, your work will include two areas of responsibility:
- Support senior leadership in the development and execution of improved payroll and benefits practices for the organization.
- Serve as first point of contact for all employees regarding payroll.
- Manage accrual, tracking, calculation, and payment of all bonus and variable compensation.
- Work with Human Resources, Accounting, appropriate Government Agencies, and third-party vendors regarding questions, processes, reporting, and/or filing of payroll, benefits, payroll taxes, social security, FMLA, workers compensation, employee leave, unemployment, garnishments, retirement funds, etc.
- Ensure integrity and timely processing of all payroll and benefits transactions along with accurate record-keeping and document administrative procedures and policies.
General Accounting, with a focus on Accounts Receivable
- Build and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure at Tegus.
- Manage a unique, high volume Accounts Receivables process from billing through collections.
- Support accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end closes to ensure the timely reporting of all financial information.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Complete occasional ad hoc finance and accounting projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years payroll experience in an organization of 100+ employees
- Must be a results oriented professional with effective verbal & written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion
- Extreme attention to detail and commitment to deadlines is a must
- Experience implementing a payroll system strongly preferred
- Well versed in excel including vlookups, pivot tables, sumifs, etc.
- Experience in Quickbooks Online required
Benefits and Perks:
- Unlimited paid time off
- Comprehensive medical and dental plan
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a thriving start-up and make a big impact on our business!
- Fantastic culture, with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more!
- Upon returning to the office, we also offer commuter benefits, free building gym membership & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages.